Marvelous Family

Another great weekend has come and retreated. Today, my family visit on Saturday is making my Monday Marvelous!

family

I had the pleasure of accompanying the gang all around Charlottesville. We started with lunch, of course.

photo 4 (5)

lunch

After a walk around the UVa grounds, we went to Veritas Vineyards for an afternoon of wine tasting.

photo 5 (5)

tasting

mother

In between sips and nibbles, we snapped several photos.

snaps

cheese

snaps2

with alexis

Chatting, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company amid the quaint mountainside until the vineyard closed.

photo 5 (6)

After a day of spirits, we made time for a relaxing dinner at Boylan Heights, one of my favorite restaurants.

boylan

I had an amazing day and felt so fortunate to have my near and dear in town.

parents

my lovely parents

Wherever you are today, take a minute to tell your family how much you love them. I feel extremely fortunate to have such a strong, supportive family who will do anything in the world for me. I love nothing more than laughing and making jokes with them. We’re a knee-slapping bunch, to say the least. :D

Have a marvelous Monday!

159ad928d44cf825244ab066940393ec

658a205094b7c89f8791384e775faa47

What is your favorite thing to do with your family?

Comments

I concur with the commentator above. Lovely summer dress, CDK (hope you don’t mind the abbreviation.) Looks like the perfect weekend. I basically love to do the same with my family, good food, good wine, good times!

2. Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com says

Love, love, love this!
    My dad is currently hanging things in my new apartment while I am at work. I feel like the luckiest person on earth to have a family who is so helpful!

So wonderful you got to spend time with yours this weekend!

I love that you’re so close to your family :) After going through my rebellious teenage years, I’m happy to be at a place where I can say that my parents are pretty much my best friends. It’s great to know that, no matter what, someone has your back.

4. Courtney @ Star Systemz says

Talk about that dress..WOW, LOVE IT :) I love going to the vineyards and would love to take my family one day! Thanks for sharing your beautiful family + weekend! Love + Shine CourtStar

This looks like the best weekend! I love weekends with the family. It always seems like no matter what we do, we always have a wonderful time with one another. Your weekend was made even better with some wine (score!) and a gorgeous, scenic area to enjoy it.

P.S. You look gorgeous in that dress!

Sounds like so much fun! What is your preference of wines? I love being active with my family (sister doesn’t drink) and my dad has this habit of go, go, go :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I miss my family so much. but I am so happy and lucky that my brother got a job here in LA (where I live) so I at least have someone close to me in my family! He and I have actually grown to be really good friends, who would have thought considering we used to absolutely HATE each other!!! I know for sure I will see SOME of my family for Thanksgiving, and ALL for XMAS! I am making that happen!!!

Aw, I love the Family quote. I also wish I had a vineyard near me. I lived in Ca for a while and just loved going to the wine country….miss that.