Free Thoughts

Stand up against governments.
Stay irresponsible.
Say only what we know & imagine.
Absolutes are Coercion.
Change is absolute.
Ordinary mind includes eternal perceptions.
Observe what’s vivid.
Notice what you notice.
Catch yourself thinking.
Vividness is self-selecting.
If we don’t show anyone, we’re free to write anything.

-Cosmopolitan Greetings, Allen Ginsberg

cf79c87956f9c020b0980544f1e927fc

So, “make the most of the opportunities you have today, because there will be a time when you have no more of it.” (Forbes)

416453c267cff29de86c8f35de506c91

Wherever you are today, know that “you don’t have to be happy all the time. Life is not supposed to be a joy ride every single day. It’s okay to have a broken heart or hurt feelings or to be anxious or nervous. It’s resisting these things that give them their choke hold on you. Let it be a beautiful and sad part of the story, but only a page or a chapter here and there, not the whole book. One day you will realize how important these dynamics are.” (Thought Catalog)

c783f1eae6aee4b4fdf5ae81b3698e48

When the days seem long and the reward ceases to make an appearance in the distance, go out with your friends, for they will likely empathize with you, yet show you how to always have a good time, no matter what.

photo 2 (5)

Just keep dancing.

photo 1 (5)

It sounds strange to say, but sometimes I find myself getting stressed out by all of the opportunities and options that exist. There are so many things I want to do and accomplish and it’s very overwhelming. These are the moments that I have to make myself stay in the present and be patient.

edf4aa283af9185f44ede0605cae9390

Question: Do you find yourself boggled down by all the things you want to accomplish? What are some of your goals your working towards?

If you liked this, check out...

Comments

Beautiful post! Sometimes I do get overwhelmed with the craziness of life but those are the days that I just take time away, pray, meditate, do yoga. When I shut everything off and get some ‘me’ time in it makes it easier to concentrate and focus on the things that I want to accomplish.

Love this! I definitely get bogged down sometimes but it’s more about not knowing exactly what I want to do. I know I want to be successful at something but I have yet to figure out exactly what. After I graduated 2 years ago I was super anxious about this trying to figure out my life but in the last 6 months have definitely chilled out and suddenly things seem to be falling into place more and more. My short-term goal is to focus on being in the moment!

Sometimes I really have just wished that I lived a few decades ago where everything was just simpler and there were more options. Whenever I say that my mom always lets me know that really, I would hate it during her time period. But sometimes I do wonder… Every choice I make there is something else that could have been picked, and I always ask myself if I am doing the right option.

I like that quote: Have less. Do more. Be more. In today’s society we have way to many superficial things and we are way less productive as a result. Minimalism really is a good way of life I think.

Such an interesting thought about how we consider all the options and opportunities. I certainly get overwhelmed and instead of considering it a blessing, I find myself more stressed than necessary.

5. Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com says

I struggle more with not knowing exactly what I want. I try to focus on the reality that if I don’t know, I don’t know and to enjoy my life right here right now.

I love to read about others dreams and aspirations, I get so excited for them!

I seriously love this post!! Everything you’ve you said holds so much truth to it! I definitely feel burdened by how much I want to accomplish. I always have this feeling that there’s so much to get done and not enough hours in the day! I’m trying to figure out a way to just accept where I am and how much I do accomplish without straining myself too much. It’s definitely a work in progress :)

Yes! Oh, I get bogged down in the future all the time–and not by its limitations, but by its possibilities! There are so many things to see, do, experience–I want the chance to do them all!

That picture of you and your friend dancing was so cute when I first saw it on Instagram! You look like you were having a great time! Anyways, I love this post! You never cease to inspire me! So so true. I always want to accomplish so much and get so much done, but a reminder to love and accept where I’m at is always wonderful! Thannk you! :)

I totally hear you on this! There are so many things in the world I want to do and way too little time to do them. I also stress about it until I convince myself that I will just do as many of the things I can and what doesn’t get done… well at least I did as much as I could! Instead of being stressed by the opportunities, I try to embrace them. Though without a doubt, that is much easier said than done!

10. Courtney @ Star Systemz says

I DDEEEF! Get Bogged down, I had to take a blog-cation because I was SO overwhelmed with my BIG move + blogging and keeping up with all of my projects so sometimes I believe its a good idea to just take a few steps back and breathe, meditate and focus your energy on healing yourself + caring for yourself. This way when you get back into it you are refreshed and have a new take on life! Thanks for sharing :) Love + Shine CourtStar