Overeating

Do you ever have those days where you just want to eat and eat and eat?

That’s exactly how I’d describe my day yesterday. A lazy Sunday full of eats. A lingering, overly-full belly is far from my favorite.

photo 4 (1)

Later in the day, I wanted comfort food so I decided to make a big pot of veggie-filled mac n cheese.

Veggie mac n cheese

Veggie-Filled Mac n Cheese

Ingredients

• Pasta of choice (I used elbow noodles)
  • Shredded carrots
  • 1 can of tomatoes
  • Head of fresh broccoli
  • Goat cheese
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil

Cook and drain the pasta first. Then add the pasta back to the pot and mix in all of the ingredients. I used several slices of goat cheese and about 2 handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese. Season with red pepper flakes, garlic powder, pepper, and garlic salt. Enjoy!

And just like that, I’ve got my lunch all ready for the week!

Have a marvelous Monday!

06b909c8e7551373bb0e334ad160ab5d

Question of the day: How do you combat the urge to overeat?

If you liked this, check out...

Comments

I frequently want to overeat lol. I LOVE food so much and occasionally decide not to practice any willpower. But you’re right, feeling like you ate too much is never a very fun feeling. The healthy mac looks relish ;)

I had a hungry day yesterday too lol. I hate hungry days. If I am truly hungry though, I just eat until I am good and full. Otherwise the hungry day turns into me being cranky and unsatisfied which is never a good combination.

That’s exactly how I was last night. By the time we got back from our camping trip, I was tired and just felt like I wanted to keep eating- and I pretty much did all night. I hate going to bed feeling that full! bleh! Lots of fruit and water happening today!

I’m currently dealing with a bottomless pit day today. Its not even lunch time yet and I’ve already made my way through 3 breakfasts ;) Some days are just hungrier than others though, and I’d rather eat enough and not be a hangry monster all day. I find that it all balances itself out in the end anyways…

Ugh, yes! I totally hear you on this. Sometimes I want to eat and eat because there is so much good food to be had :P But, I try to REALLY be honest with myself and ask, “How are you really, truly feeling right now?” and there is usually something else that is going on with me. Identifying this sometimes help me combat overeating :)

That mac n cheese looks delicious! I tend to want to overeat most weekends.. the only way I’ve found to truly combat it is to get out of the house.

I used to overeat out of stress/emotions/because-I-can on nearly a daily basis, but I’ve been pretty good about distracting myself by getting out of the kitchen, painting nails, doing yoga, etc :) yesterday morning I plowed through a hearty breakfast and three rounds of snacking before lunchtime tho, I was hungry from my workout the day before!

This is me today! For some reason, I cannot get full today. Usually when I have these kinds of days, I try not to stress about it, and just roll with it and try to reach for filling (but healthy!) snacks.

I feel the same exact way, which is why I am doing a detox this week! And that pasta looks delicious! I love adding veggies to mac n cheese!

Loving that veggie recipe. Yeah, the urge, it happens and I can’t figure out just yet how to avoid it. What ends up happening is i just bounce back the next day ready to quick overeating for life ;) Sort of like a detox but life happens. Just moving on is a good attitude, work for the future.

That is such a great to amp up mac n cheese. I may have to try this for my boys and see what they think. I over eat a lot, but I don’t like restricting myself too much. It usually happens on Sunday cuz we’re just super lazy haha I always just try and do an awesome workout Monday to make up for it.

This has been me for the past two days…. You crave something but can’t figure out what it is so you eat and eat. Salty? Nope. Sweet? Nope. Meanwhile you’ve ate your way through half your pantry trying to fill the questionable void. Welcome to the OE club!

I can definitley relate to overeating sometimes, I’m sure most of us can! It’s not my favorite feeling, but it happens, and I just start better the next day. Whenever I’m super snacky, I always make sure to pour myself a glass to seltzer water, preferably flavored. The carbonation and flavor is more satisfying than regular water to me, and it tends to help the snackiness!

Yum…the veggie mac n’ cheese looks delicious! I hate days when I can eat everything in sight and I’m never satisfied. It’s so annoying! To try a combat those days, I tend to try and drink a lot of water. This way it makes me feel fuller, so I don’t end up overeating.

I think that we all have our fair share of “overeating” days, but I always believe in listening to my body, especially if I am “overeating” with healthy foods. That mac and cheese looks awesome. Yay for all of those veggies :).

I am still working on ways to not overeat. I feel like I am never that hungry during the day but come the evening, I cannot seem to get enough food. I still try and resist my cravings but I definitely eat more than I should most nights. I’m still learning how to work through this!

Sometimes a lazy day of eating on and off all day is kinda necessary. I think it all balances out in the end. One day definitely doesn’t matter too much in the grand scheme of things!

Uh YES I definitely have those days. Getting out and going for a walk usually does the trick, but if not, drinking a ton of water helps! Or napping :) Your mac and cheese looks AMAZING!

MAN, that mac looks good! And yes, I definitely have those hungry-no-matter-what days. But you know what I do? Eat. I figure my body is telling me something and needs the extra fuel for SOME reason, so why should I make me & my body miserable fighting it?