Pizza bites and Cookie Dough

Who knew that pizza and cookie dough, two of the best food groups, could be re-created in a healthy way?

Mini Polenta Pizza

Start with cooked polenta (I cooked mine in olive oil over the stove)

Start with cooked polenta (I cooked mine in olive oil over the stove)

Top with veggies

Add sauce and veggies

I used veggies from a salad with Greek yogurt

Add additional toppings like Greek yogurt

Top pizzas with cheese (excuse the messy plate!)

Top with cheese

Enjoy a piece of cheese while waiting for the pizzas to heat up :)

Enjoy a piece of while waiting for the pizzas to heat up :)

Drool over the melted cheese Enjoy!

Drool over the melted cheese Enjoy!

I created a big salad mix that I used for pizza toppings. A salad mix is great to have to add to meals and it’s so versatile.

Veggies galore

Veggies galore

The greens were a little wilted come Sunday so I used the veggies as a topping for my dinner that evening.

Dinner came together in a flash

Dinner came together in a flash

And now for dessert!

A giant ball of cookie dough

A giant ball of cookie dough

Just kidding, kind of. I made Averie’s raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls. They were really easy and only required 6 ingredients- my kind of cooking.

Chocolate chip cookie dough balls

Chocolate chip cookie dough balls

The recipe called for 2/3 cup raw cashews, 1/3 cup oats, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Averie used 2 tablespoons of agave and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, but I swapped these ingredients for 2 tablespoons of honey.

Take a seat for come cookie dough

Take a seat for some cookie dough

Question of the day: What’s your favorite way to make a not-so-healthy-food, healthier?

Have a great Monday!

If you liked this, check out...

Comments

Lol it seems like you are on the polenta kick so many recipes, I can not wait to see what else you come up with I just love me some cookie dough.. Averie has the best recipes when it comes to cookie dough…

2. Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com says

Loving your polenta theme of late!
    As far as healthifying desserts… I gave that up long ago. Bring on the butter :)

I am totally craving a chocolate chip cookie now. I love that you added the step of snacking on a piece of cheese while you wait for the pizza’s to heat up. I am a complete snacker while i cook.

I use extra lean turkey for bbqing burgers (mix garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dijon). You could mash garbanzo beans and do the same thing for veggie burgers. I’ll need to try the polenta pizzas!

Cookie dough- yum. Your titles about amazing sounding foods always make me so excited to check out your post! Today was definitely no exception!

Those cookie dough bites look amazing! I love combining crushed vitamuffins and plain Greek yogurt for a “cheesecake” of sorts :)

Little polenta pizzas are such a wonderful idea! I don’t know why but I found healthy food more tasty than unhealthy :) Using little of cheese won’t hurt anyone! No need to say anything about the cookies ;)

You’ve got me really wanting to buy polenta lately…I need to put it on my grocery list asap! Yum yum to averie’s cookie dough bites! Healthy cookie dough is pure heaven!

Pizza and cookie dough are definitely two of my favorite food groups! Great idea with the polenta. And if I were you I probably would have just taken a big bite out of that cookie dough ball whole ;) Or put the balls in banana ice cream… Okay, probably the latter :D

10. Courtney @ Star Systemz says

YUM! Love the pictures the pizza looks AMAZING! My favorite “healthy” treat is banana ice cream using my Yonana I also add frozen Acai for a tasty treat :) Love + Shine CourtStar

I love making mini pizzas with EGGPLANT rounds and tapenade & sun-dried tomatoes… I don’t do cheese. YUM!!! :D I could eat 4 whole eggplants! LOL!

Oh and I LOVEEE spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti & roasted green beans instead of French Fries (don’t believe me? TRY roasting them in olive oil and salt in the oven – McDonalds is kicking itself!!)

Oh my gosh, how have I completely forgotten about the existence of polenta?? I absolutely love the stuff, but haven’t made it/thought about it in ages. And YES, I used to love making a polenta “hash” with pizza/pasta sauce, broccoli and a sprinkle of melty cheese. Perfect combo!