Peanut Butter and Chia

I whipped up a quick salad for dinner last night with arugala.

photo 1 (1)

Since I was out of cheese and wanted something savory, I made a homemade dressing with Chobani plain Greek yogurt. I used a spoonfull of yogurt and a spoonfull of pesto then mixed in garlic salt, pepper, a little almond milk, and red pepper flakes. It was tasty!

photo 2

Also had this salsa with crackers on the side

For dessert, I whipped up a chocolate brownie mug.

So gooey and chocolatey

So gooey and chocolatey

After I let my food digest (note to self- 20 minutes isn’t long enough), I went to Vinyasa yoga, my favorite type.

When I woke up this morning, I headed to the gym for my conditioning class and was strangely not hungry when I got back.

Don't worry though, I still ate :)

Don’t worry though, I still ate :)

I had one of my banana oatmeal muffins¬†with crunch peanut butter and chia seeds on top. I’ve always got room for more peanut butter!

Have a great Wednesday!

Question: Have you tried chia seeds? What do you think about them?

Comments

1. Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com says

I love chia seeds! I hate the “super food” bull that people try and attach to them, but the texture they ad to food is great!

My favorite way to eat them is in my yogurt!

MMMMM Chocolate Brownie mug looks LEGIT! And I don’t even like chocolate. I think the SPRINKLES are what are alluring me! They’re giving me suggestive nods, lol!!

And I have actually NEVER tried Chia Seeds before. I have heard so many mixed reviews!!

That salad dressing sounds great, I’ll have to try them!

I’ve only had Chia seeds in my overnight oatmeal, and so far I love the consistency they add to the mix! The more I read about them, the more I want to find ways to add them to my meals!

I still have yet to try chia seeds…I really need to hop on that band-wagon since I keep reading great things about them.
    And seriously, after that picture, I am reminded that I need to try your brownie in a mug!

I have been adding chia seeds to my pot of steel cut oatmeal lately…I can’t say I like or dislike them – they are just there lol. They pack so many health benefits in those little seeds that I am thrilled to throw them into my diet and my son’s as well. He hasn’t even mentioned that he notices them in his oatmeal. I want to try using them in place of eggs in my baking recipes next.

I have been making tons of microwave muffins with coconut flour and applesauce as a base. I like that your chocolate brownie is vegan! Where do you do yoga? Have we been in the same class and I didn’t realize? :)