The Run is the Cure

I went for a run outside yesterday for the first time in a few months and it felt great.

36106668

I’ve never considered myself a runner although I did track for a year in high school, ran some 5Ks, and ran a 10 miler last year. Running has always been a social thing for me. I’d much rather do the elliptical or stair master. I think I’ve just had a mental block towards running but yesterday, I really enjoyed getting out there on the pavement and going for it.

36106827

The funny thing is that I had just called my mom complaining about feeling lethargic and she told me to get out there and run. The run cured me! I felt amazing after and if I wasn’t in a rush to shower and get to dinner, I would have done a full hour run. While on my runner’s high, I got ready and went to Tara Thai for dinner.

Chicken and shrimp pad thai

Chicken and shrimp pad thai

photo (2)

Needed more heat

Much betta'

Much betta’

Tara Thai is pretty good although it hardly compares to our local Thai restaurant, Lemon Grass, which was closed last night. All that heat put me in the mood for some cold dessert. :)

Cake batter greek yogurt

Cake Batter Greek Yogurt

Combine the following ingredients into a cute heart shaped bowl, or any bowl in the cabinet:

• 1 cup plain Chobani yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon butter extract
  • Gobs of rainbow sprinkles
  • small handful of chocolate chips

Grab yourself a spoon and enjoy!

Question of the day: Do you look forward to runs or would you rather run from the idea of going on a running? ;)

Comments

I’m so glad you enjoyed your run!!!! It’s not worth it to go and be miserable the whole time. You might as well find something you like. For me, I love it. There’s nothing I’d rather do. But on the days I don’t feel like going, I either a) don’t, or b) end up being so happy I did go. That’s the best feeling.

Jp, these are the reasons why so many people loves it! If you don’t mind I’d sneak first two pictures ;) I like Greek Yogurt better than ‘ordinary’ More proteins, more thick, tastes better…

3. Francene Katzen says

I look forward to runs outside. Even today when I was dragging a little-I just kept pushing-sure glad I did-feel really good this afternoon. OUtside beats the heck out of inside on a treadmill.

I’m definitely not a runner and usually I hate it and go kicked and screaming and dragging my feet, but every once in a while I get so into it. It’s rare, but so awesome. Also I think I’m getting Thai food with my bf tonight! I’ve only tried thai once and I barely remember it so I’m excited.

I am always on the elliptical too but recently I have started running outdoors once a week to change things up, and a good run helps me relax and de-stress at the end of a lousy day at work.

I’m trying to get into a better relationship with running. I love it, but I used to feel like my training plans ran my life (haha puns!). So I’m trying to listen to my body more. But a good run is always on my top list of workouts. :)

So I MUST try this cake batter greek yogurt, with SPRINKLES, nonetheless! I think I should’ve called my blog Sprinkletastic or something because I’m just in love with some sprinkles. I actually went for a run outside for the first time in AWHILE and you’re exactly right, It’s almost like a cure-all. It felt great!

8. Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com says

I always tell people that running is 70% mental 30% physical. Runners are just like anyone else committed to a fitness regimen, some days your on some days your off.
    Ya just gotta get out there and do it and you WILL feel amazing after!

This past weekend I went on my first outdoor run this year and it was SO nice! I usually run indoors on a treadmill while watching TV, so the fresh air and peacefulness of the nature park I went to was a nice change. That thai food looks delicious, and what a fun dessert!

Runs can seriously do amazing things to clear your head and make you so much more productive. I love it. I enjoy my runs, but I love doing other types of exercise too. For me it’s all about mixing things up and making sure I don’t get bored!

11. Chobani says

Mmmm! THAT DIP! Looks awesome. We love a good run, especially when we can refuel with a nice cup of CHO afterwards. :)

Email fans[at]chobani dot com if you’d like us to stock ya up with some more Chobani!

Amy, @Chobani

Hi Alex,

I wanted to see if you were interested in using some of the videos available on our Rightster Video Network for your blog?
    We partner with Yahoo! and CelebTV (among others) and have a fair amount of health/fitness content.
    Email me, and I’ll gladly send you preview links!

Best,
    Diana Mackie
    Audience Development | Rightster
    diana.mackie@rightster.com | 646.699.5975
    1115 Broadway | New York, New York

Girl I think I may be dsylexic because when I first read your blog post title I thought it said RUM instead of run. I was like get it girl with that rum but then I was like oh running so much healthier lol. That yogurt creation looks amazing and I think I’m going to have to try it out. Love desserty like flavors.