Back to Monday Mornings

Why is it that going on a vacation makes it so much harder to go into work on Monday? Whenever I go on a trip, I always feel like I get bit by the traveling bug. There are so many great places to see and I just want to see them all. Here are a few pictures from my Waikiki vacation:

20130304-090824.jpg

my favorite rainbow picture I captured (there were tons!)

20130304-090841.jpg

Mai tais pool side

20130304-090857.jpg

sunset at a luau

20130304-090905.jpg

Lanaikai Beach and my tootsies

20130304-090930.jpg

Pretty mountains next to the ocean

20130304-091021.jpg

The travelers!

I’ll definitely include a trip recap on my next post. :) Have an upbeat Monday!

“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” -Lao Tzu

Do you love to travel? Ever get the blues after a fun trip?

If you liked this, check out...

Comments

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I certainly get excited about trips and the blues hit when we start packing to leave :( enjoy those pictures!

“Keep Calm and Carry On”

That first picture looks professional! Glad you had a great time…I definitely had the blues after my cruise this past December. Retail therapy helps ;)

I lovee Hawaii — great pictures! Looks like you had a great time & great weather. Couldn’t agree more with the quote from Lao. I loveee traveling but going back to work is always a bummer. haha oh well, at least we’re blessed enough to travel. great post pretty :]

Your photos are making me crave summer even MORE! I just got back from Asia and it was INCREDIBLE but nothing like a Hawaii experience. How was the ocean? Did you try surfing? I am excited to read more about your trip. I love to travel, something about getting out of your everyday routine is inspiring and gets me out of whatever place I am stuck in as far as thoughts and ideas. I feel like after a trip you need a vacation to get over “the blues” + get life back together..a vaca from the vaca :) Hope you have a great week! Love + Shine CourtStar

• says

I’m so ready for summer! That’s awesome that you got to go to Asia! I’ve actually never traveled across the Atlantic Ocean but one day I hope to. The ocean in Hawaii was awesome. I loved the clear water. I actually didn’t surf while there although I have before. I paddle surfed and it was so fun! Ever tried paddle surfing? Definitely a fun activity and a good workout!

VACATION! OMG that sounds AMAZING! I am so jealous… I just HATE when it’s over! :( At least you sort of feel re-freshed. I just hate that feeling when you think, “great, I don’t have anything else to look forward to”… But actually you do, you can look forward to your next vacation – it might not be planned yet, but it will probably be EPIC! :)

My last amazing vacation was to TURKEY! I highly recommend taking a trip there!

6. Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com says

Ohhhhhh How lovely, I hope you had an amazing time!

I agree with ya on traveling. Without a doubt the hardest part of vacation is deciding where in the world to go!

Oh my gosh!! I am so jealous right now! I would love to go to the beach and escape the snow! As for travel blues, I used to get sad when coming home but now I get excited. I love traveling and being on vacation but after a week I am ready to sleep in my own bed and to play with my dogs :)

8. Karey at Nutty About Health says

Beautiful pics!! Yes, I’ve gotten bitten by the traveling bug & hope to go someplace very soon. I love to travel to new places, especially sunny, warm ones & big cities. :)

It looks like you had such a great time. To answer your question, yes I am always getting pretty sad coming back from a trip. It’s hard to get back into the flow of things…that will be my problem come three weeks from now.