The Perfect Breakfast

I jump started my morning with a big bowl of oatmeal and brown sugar. Probably a little too much brown sugar but hey, who’s counting?

20130219-085600.jpg

Look at that suga’

To accompany my oats, I had a glass of water and friendship tea that I got from my Mom. Water is the only thing I drink (besides wine) so the fruity tea was a nice change this morning. ;)

20130219-085554.jpg

Breakfast for champions- am I right?

Lately, oatmeal has been my go to meal for breakfast. It’s so simple and can be eaten so many ways. Of course, I love mine with heapings of sugar but it’s also really good with nut butters, yogurt, fruit, etc.

It’s so weird to think that I hated breakfast as a kid. It seems like most kids don’t enjoy breakfast so perhaps we just learn to condition our appetite to love breakfast throughout the years. I can’t imagine leaving the house without something to eat in the AM.

Sounds about right (Source)

Sounds about right (Source)

What’s your favorite meal for breakfast? Any healthy bloggers dislike breakfast? Not me!

Comments

1. Anne says

Let’s just say I have NEVER been one to skip meals :)
    My perfect breakfast is a rotation, whether a yogurt bowl or eggs and toast, I appreciate it so much more when I switch it up!

Such a breakfast fan! Sometimes it looks like that picture with the dog :) I just don’t like to feel too stuffed after breakfast, which leaves brunch to be a dilemma. Some of my friends go all morning without food. Me? You wouldn’t even want to talk to me until I have something :)

Lately, it’s been overnight oats of all sorts (pumpkin, berry, etc) sometimes a green monster, but they don’t fill me up. I also like waffles and pancakes if it’s after a solid workout on the weekend!

I love breakfast and always have! It was my favorite day ever when my dad made dinner, because he would always make pancakes and eggs. My go-to nowadays is an egg and cheese sandwich, totally addicted!

This post is literally me down to a T!
    I’m the biggest breakfast fan you’ll meet, and actually (and a bit sadly haha) wake up beyond excited to grab me some good ol’ brekkie ;)

I’m an oats addict, they’re so warming and filling and healthy: and what I love is you can really get creative with toppings!
    I agree that nut butters mixed in is to die for, bananas, chia seeds and cinnamon is amazing too.

I love your blog, by the way!! just checking it it for the first time now :)

I have always loved breakfast! I cannot skip it, or there’s just no making it through the rest of my day. Even as a kid! It was cheerios every morning :) Mmm, now I want some Cheerios…

Breakfast is a favorite of mine :D Oatmeal, eggs are my regulars. I also love pancakes, french toast, waffles. Breakfast for dinner is a hit at our house :D

7. Francene Katzen says

I love oatmeal in the morning, has to have mixed berries on it-this breakfast really sticks with me until noon-don’t need any snacks.